Friday, May 22, 2009

I Love Louisiana.

Clark and I are having a really nice time in Louisiana.
He did awesome on the plane ride, as expected.
We flew in on Wednesday and went straight to my Aunt Cindi's house when my mom picked us up. We met my new cousin Naomi. We also met my cousin's babies, tons of them! Here is a picture of the wild event!
Mom, Clark and I met up with Dad at a Mexican resturant for dinner. Dad was instantly charmed by Clark. Here is a picture of 3 generations of blue eyes, our Averill heritage. =)
On Thursday, I drove to Metairie and had lunch with my best friend's mom, Carol. Here is a cute pic of us. We ate at Applebees and it was really nice to catch up with her, since the last time I saw her was when I got married, and I was a little bit busy then! I drove home and hung out with dad for the afternoon. Mom came home from work, we had dinner. Then, Mom, Clark and I went to a memorial dinner for a friend of mine that died. I found out he died while I was here, and they happened to have the gathering while I was here, so I though it was good to go. I feel very fortunate that I was able to be there. Then we went to the store and got clothes for the wedding.
On Friday, mom and dad both had off, so we had a great big breakfast, and sat on the porch passing the time. We went on a boatride, Clark's first, and we saw and alligator! Then mom, Clark and I went shopping some more for wedding presents for Steven and Mauree who will be married on Saturday. Mom and I also had pedicures and manicures, Clark slept the entire time! Then we came home and Clark napped some more. Then the whole fam went out to dinner at a resturant where I had worked in High School called Nuvolaris. Afterwards, we went to Free Music Fridays! Dad thought that Clark was hot, so he took his jammies off and they relaxed to the groovy jazz. It got cold, and THEN it started to sprinkle, then it was a huge downpour! We were trapped under a pavillion, but decided that we would just have to get wet. Mom braved the rain and then I ran out. She got an umbrella and protected dad who was holding Clark. Clark didn't cry the whole time, even though it was incredibly windy and raining harder than its rained in a long time. delicious. i love louisiana.

2 comments:

  1. and i love you guys. i wish i was there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures-lots of firsts for Clark. Hey, Peggy & Bryan-don't we have a cute grandson!!

    ReplyDelete