Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Growing along

This week has been pretty good. I interviewed and was hired for a new position at my company. I will be moving down to HR. I will do some outreach, recruiting and mentoring to employees. I start October 6th, and am happy for the change.

Everyone at work pretty much knows I am pregnant and that is really nice. It was a secret there for so long, and it is so great to talk about there. Now when I am tired, people won't think I'm a lazy, whiny, crybaby. They will just think, "hey, she's pregnant." =)

I need to take some "bump" pictures for you guys and post them. So far, I'm not really showing, people are in shock when I tell them I am at 17 weeks. They are wondering where I am hiding it. I think it depends on what I am wearing. Some outfits make me want to hold it in, and some outfits make me want to push it out.

I'm eating well, balancing my dairy, protein, and veg intake and am feeling well enough to take my vitamins again. I'm super tired still, but I DID just move and have spent a number of "resting hours" not resting and unpacking instead. This week I've been trying to take it easy and unpack less.

No pain, no kicking, no nothing from the womb. I know the baby is growing because I am gaining weight finally. I can feel my uterus is right under my bellybutton. I hope the scale doesn't go too high, but I know it doesn't really matter as long as the baby and I are healthy.

Tom is still handling me quite well. I don't know if I could handle being pregnant without him. I really wonder about women who are pregnant and single, or only have a quasi-supportive partner. How do they do it? There is no way I could do this without Tom. Thank you sweetheart.

Finally, I think both of us are getting over the stress of moving. We are trying to relax and just be happy in the evenings. Our house is almost unpacked. We are having a housewarming party on September 27th. Come on by!


Love, V

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the new job! Would love to see bump pics and TOTALLY wish I could come to your housewarming :)! Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete