Monday, April 2, 2012

Nicknames

A very Greenwell thing is nicknames. I guess my Dad started it, or maybe even his Dad started it. I was "Thomas the office" growing up because my older brother couldn't say Thomas and said office instead. I have other nicknames as the years went on, which I will not go into here. But now, as a father myself, I find myself rattling off nicknames for my kids. Iris seems to be the winner with the most nicknames. Here are the nicknames for each of us Greenwells of Rockville:

Clark:
Mr. Precious
The Precious (he had this one since he was a baby, and yes, people think of Lord of the Rings when we say this one)
Mr. Dyps or Diaps (as in he is still in diapers even though he is 3, and we'd like him to be Mr. Training Pants or Mr. Clean Underwear)
CJ
Preciousness
Baby of Love (when he was a baby)

Iris:


The Darling
Little Diaps
The Cuties
Babies
wah-wah
Chaos Baby (for when she throws books, toys, etc. off tables and all over the floor)
Senorita Mess-o-lina
Little mess-o-line
Little miss ta-tide (for how she says outside)
Baby Aina Aina (for the first words she said which was something like Ai'n or Ai-na)


Veronica:


Wifie
Sweetness
Mommy of Love



Tom:


Thomas (used when V is mocking me or upset with me)
Husband
Dr. Tom Greenwell Daddy
Daddy of fun?
(I think Veronica is going to have to help me out with this one)

1 comment:

  1. Matt is
    Matthew
    M-Dog
    Knucklehead

    Kenzie is
    K-Tron
    Knucklehead #2

    Tessa is
    Tea Cup
    T.K.
    T-Bone

    Katie is
    Beans
    Complikatie
    K-Tron
    Smoochie Face
    Lady Katie

    ReplyDelete