Tuesday, January 27, 2009

6 weeks or less


Me and Katie N. she is due two weeks after me!

Me and Andrea GG

Me and Katie again.
These were taken at Katie's baby shower which occured this weekend!

So that's it ladies and gentlemen. I am due in exactly 4 weeks. In exactly 6 weeks, I will be induced if I haven't had the baby yet.

I admit, I haven't been the happiest of pregnant ladies. But now that the end is in sight, I really love being pregnant. Right now, the pregnancy means I will have a baby within 6 weeks.

Last week I told Tom that I would be willing to do it again, and I think I would (in a few years!)

I'm really excited about being a mom, holding my baby, looking at my baby, cleaning my baby, singing to my baby, loving my baby. How old am I? Who am I? I am a woman who was made to be a mother, I've had other people's kids as practice - but now its my turn. =)

These past few weeks have been a time of grace for Tom and I. Knowing that our baby is near is making us fall deeper and deeper into love. As I need more rest, Tom can see it and he encourages me to get it. When I can do things, I do them as best I can. We are working as a team better than we ever have. We do our practice exercises for labor and talk about what works and what doesn't. We are making lists of food to have for labor and lists of other things to get ready. We've got lists of things to do soon and things to get before the baby comes. Our birth supplies are all collected, we just need an oxygen tank, we are picking it up on Thursday. Tomorrow we go to meet with a pediatrician. Then, we have "everything" we will need to have the baby.

We are really happy, excited, and sometimes a little bit nervous. We know it will work out, and trying not to worry too much. There are so many things that can happen in life and we are really enjoying being alive right now. We'll enjoy it even more when the life that is inside of me gets a new bed! =)

2 comments:

  1. I really want to come over & paint your toes nails. Wish I could spend some time with you just hanging out. Love bunches, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too mom! We will hang in March when you come! It will be great! Are you off presidents day? Love, V

    ReplyDelete