Saturday, January 3, 2009

The pride goes before the fall

So, the night after I wrote the blog below I had the worst night of sleep I've had since I've been pregnant. Therefore I would like to say that I haven't figured out how to sleep while pregnant. My only hope is in becoming un-pregnant, having my child grow up, and living a fully decent life before I ever expect to have a good nights sleep again.

In other news, Gumbo is the kickingest baby in the world. He has been moving so much. I can't believe how much he moves. Will he sleep when he is born? I don't know!

He weights as much as a pineapple! Impressive!

Today, we had a knock at the door and it was the delivery man. He brought our crib! It is in the living room waiting to be brought upstairs and assembled. Today, Tom rented a carpet cleaner and cleaned the carpet in Gumbo's room and the stairwell. It is currently drying and he'll take care of the crib when the carpet is dry. I'm excited.

I also finished making Gumbo's baby blanket today. I made a quilt-like blanket, but with no stuffing and its not quilted. It is blue and green and yellow on one side. The other side is an adorable print with little babies and storks. It has a blue/green binding. I took a picture of it and will post when I get it on the computer. I wrote song lyrics on the quilt squares, its all praise and worship music that I love and want to sing to him. I'm really excited about singing to him. =) I have my guitar readily accessible in his room. I can't wait for the day that my guitar can sit in the space the baby now occupies of my lap.

(on another note) my laptop now can fit in what is left of my lap perfectly. We will see what happens in the coming month.

Today I bought sheets, and a plastic sheet and some wash clothes for our home birth. We cleaned the house really well (we're still working on it) for our baby shower which is next weekend (Jan 10th). I bought a boppy at Goodwill for $3! Awesome! Now I have a boppy and a my breast friend pillow. They say you should have 2 breast feeding stations in your house, one upstairs and one down, so I will keep one up and one down. This week we also got a yoga/pilates ball to use for the birth. Tom blew it up, so its ready too. We have all of the non-medical supplies that we need for the home birth now! Its very exciting. At 36 weeks we will cook a bunch of food and freeze it. Its to feed everyone during labor and recovery. We will also bring home the medical stuff that we need for the home birth - oxygen tank, antibiotics, iv stuff. The midwives are very capable and can respond to all emergencies. Most they can handle themselves, anything that they cant' handle they transfer you to the hospital. We live very close to one, so there is not much need to worry.

The only thing I need now is for little Gumbo Pineapple Kicker Greenwell to get his head down there in my pelvis, but he has a few more weeks before he fully NEEDS to settle there. (But keep it in your prayers, I would hate to have bought all of those birth supplies for nothing).

We are in exciting times, the end times, and the soon to be beginning times. It is the best of times and the worst of times, but the times of our lives. Thats for sure.
Love, V

1 comment:

  1. Your son can hear you now. Sing, sing, sing away now. It is good for your lung capacity. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete