Friday, January 30, 2009

What am I? A teenage boy?

Being pregnant is definitely the most interesting time of my life. My body is completely new to me and I feel like a slave to its demands. In the last few weeks, I have been more hungry than in my entire life. I know I am eating 4000 calories some days. It's like I am a bottomless pit of hunger. The other thing is that I am also completely exhausted. I have been sleeping better - some times. ( I don't want to jinx myself again). I have a pillow kingdom where I snuggle my body into, a heating pad for my achy back and hip. I try not to toss and turn for comfort and instead try to deal with the pressure and pain of sleep as practice for labor. I also nap like crazy: all weekend long, and at work during my lunch break. I spend most of my time eating a sleeping. I honestly feel like a teenage boy.

I had my 36 week appt on Thursday night. There are 5 midwives in the practice: Alice, Marsha, Regina, Katie and Lisa. (Regina and Katie delivered Sophia, Andrea's daughter). Last night we had Alice. She is one of our favorites because she is so much fun and we play a lot at the appointments. They are all good, though. All great - actually. They have different strenghts that I think will come in handy depending on the type of labor I have. I know that God will take care of us and we will get whomever is best for us.

At the appointment I was tested for Group B Strep and I had some blood drawn for iron count. I also got an internal exam, my first of this whole pregnancy! I am dialated 1cm, 0% effaced, and the baby is head down in station -4 or "floating" I guess He hasn't dropped as much as I thought and my bladder is in for it when he gets down there! eek!

We meet our birth assistant (a medically trained doula) on Saturday for our home visit. I will update you after that if anything happens then!
Love, V

No comments:

Post a Comment